[Chicago] A picture book that teaches Python basics

Yogesh Riyat yogesh.riyat at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:27:58 EST 2021

I'm taking basic/intro courses on Python on Coursera (the U of T Learning
to Program courses). Any idea how to get to an intermediate level? I think
this is done through projects? It would be great if there was a course that
was just focused on projects...or a book? Any guidance is appreciated.
It would be nice to learn on the job, but I'm in a chicken-egg dilemma
here. I don't have a CS degree or work experience. Ideally I'd like an
entry level role in finance/hedge funds.

Thanks in advance
Yogesh

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 9:26 AM Shari Eskenas <shariesk at sundaelectronics.com>
wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> I'm writing a unique Python book for beginners and would love to get your
> feedback. It's in the form of a picture book! It tells a story with Python
> programs that represent real-life situations. The purpose is to teach the
> basics of Python with the code examples that compose the story. *A Day in
> Code: Python *is on Kickstarter (ends Jan. 15th):
>
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/914595512/a-day-in-code-python
>
> Have a happy new year! 🎊
>
> Best Regards,
> Shari Eskenas
> www.sundaelectronics.com
>
> --
>
> Shari Eskenas
> Founder and CEO | Sundae Electronics LLC
> www.sundaelectronics.com

Yogesh K. Riyat
McKinsey & Company (Alum)
University of Chicago Booth School of Business (Alum)
(847)977-8087