[Chicago] ChiPy July 2018 Main Meeting

Joe Jasinski joe.jasinski at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 22:26:35 EDT 2018

Chipy,

The next meeting is almost here and it's sure to be a great one!  Hope to
see you all there.

Thank you to Telnyx for sponsoring our food and venue this month!

*When:*Thurs July 12, 2018, 6:30 p.m.

6:00pm Doors open
6:30pm: Meeting Starts

*How:*You can RSVP at chipy.org <http://www.chipy.org/> or via our Meetup
<https://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/events/251903970/> group.

*Where:*
Telnyx
311 W Superior St, STE 504 ·
Chicago, IL

*What:*

*Intro to SaltStack*
By: Erik Johnson
Experience Level: Novice
SaltStack is open-source software for modern IT automation. The project was
created in 2012 and today is used by tens of thousands of DevOps and
enterprise IT organizations to automate the management of data center
infrastructure and application environments. With its core remote-execution
functionality, it is flexible enough to run shell commands, perform
configuration management tasks, orchestration, and more. Erik Johnson, a
SaltStack core developer and Chicago-area native, will demo the basics of
how to get started using Salt, as well as how to use its powerful event bus
for automation tasks.
Data Classes in Python 3.7: Why and How do They Compare to Existing
Solutions?

*By: Brian Stempin , Yiu Ming Huynh*
Experience Level: Intermediate
Python prides itself on being a language where “There should be one – and
preferably only one – obvious way to do it” (PEP 20). One place where this
isn’t really true is when it comes to the question of how to store data.
There are several options: dictionaries, tuples, named tuples, vanilla
Python classes, and Python classes decorated with the attrs library. PEP
557 adds a new way: Data classes. In this talk we will compare and contrast
each approach, give listeners a way to figure out which one is best for
their particular project, and share some performance metrics for those who
are concerned with speed and memory footprints.

--

*Thank you always to all our sponsors, including our Diamond sponsors:
Metis and TelnyxAlso thank you to our Platinum sponsors: Braintree,

Joe J. Jasinski
www.joejasinski.com