[Chicago] ChiPy: October 2017 Meeting

Joe Jasinski joe.jasinski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 22:13:19 EDT 2017

Hey ChiPy,

The October main meeting is right around the corner.  Clarity is hosting us
this month for what is sure to be a great meeting. Hope to see you there!

*When:*Oct. 12, 2017, 6 p.m.

6:00pm:  Doors open; food arrives
7:00pm:  Talks Start promptly at 7

*How:*You can rsvp at chipy.org <http://www.chipy.org/> or via our Meetup
<https://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/events/243214965/> group.

*Where:*

University Center
525 S State St
Chicago, IL 60605

*What:*

   - *Full Stack Python for AI: How open source Python enables each phase
   of the AI workflow*
   By: Tripp Smith
   Investments in AI are heating up, with the total market estimated as
   high as $126B by 2025. This talk will present case studies and code samples
   of how our clients are using Python today and how we expect this to evolve
   over the next few years as AI becomes increasingly ubiquitous. Python
   enables each phase of the AI pipeline: DevOps, Data Engineering, Model
   Development, Deep Learning, Cognitive User Interfaces, and Microservices.
   This talk will highlight how Python is a common glue across multiple
   disciplines that will allow cross functional teams work together to get
   real results from AI.
   - *PyWeek 24 and pygames*
   By: Michael Tamillow
   Pyweek 24 is coming up October 15th through October 22nd! For pyweek 23,
   I created a game called the evolution of evil, which is available on my
   github repository. I will (very quickly) walk through the steps of how I
   created the game, and what it is.
   - *Data Science Workflows using Docker Containers*
   By: Aly Sivji
   Containerization technologies such as Docker enable software to run
   across various computing environments. Data Science requires
auditable workflows
   where we can easily share and reproduce results. Docker is a useful tool
   that we can use to package libraries, code, and data into a single image.
   This talk will cover the basics of Docker; discuss how containers fit into
   Data Science workflows; and provide a quick-start guide that can be used as
   a template to create a shareable Docker image! Learn how to leverage the
   power of Docker without having to worry about the underlying details of the
   technology. Although this session is geared towards data scientists, the
   underlying concepts have many use cases (come find me after to discuss).

Thank you always to all our sponsors, including our Diamond sponsor: Metis.
Also thank you to our Platinum sponsors: Braintree, Imaginary
Landscape, Signature
Consultants, and Telnyx.

Please be aware of our code of conduct http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/

--