[Chicago] Regarding Text Editors

Daniel Fehrenbach dnfehrenbach at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 17:41:45 EDT 2016

Here at work folks on my team picks individual preferred tools - Emacs,
Sublime, PyCharm, Atom, Vim etc. I use sublime but I've found it doesn't
hurt to be able to use all of them to perform the basics of editing code -
you'll eventually be confronted with a server and only have vim - so if you
can at least open/edit/save/exit that is really helpful, or if you're pair
programming with someone it kind of wastes time to struggle with an editor
you've never used instead of getting work done.