[Chicago] Sharing an iPython notebook instance

Safia Abdalla safia at safia.rocks
Mon Mar 7 21:52:53 EST 2016

Hello Leon,

Great question! I’m Safia, one of the developers on the Jupyter (previously IPython) project.

We’re currently working on adding the collaboration features that you mention to the Notebook. It involves a lot of technical work under the hood and it’s a huge undertaking but we are hoping to get it out soon.

You can read more about it on the
https://github.com/jupyter/roadmap
 or the
https://blog.jupyter.org/2015/07/07/project-jupyter-computational-narratives-as-the-engine-of-collaborative-data-science/
 outlining our goals for the next three years.

Thanks,

Safia

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 8:29 PM Leon Shernoff

<
mailto:Leon Shernoff <leon at mushroomthejournal.com>
> wrote:

Hi, all

Is there a way for two (or more) people to share the same *instance* of

an iPython notebook? So that we could play a simple game together (for

instance)? I type something in, then my game partner types something in,

and in each case the result happens for both of us.

Is this an existing thing? :-)

--

Best regards,

Leon

"Creative work defines itself; therefore, confront the work."

-- John Cage

Leon Shernoff

1511 E 54th St, Bsmt

Chicago, IL 60615