[Chicago] OMG -- founder of Debian linux died in police custody !

Lewit, Douglas d-lewit at neiu.edu
Mon Jan 25 15:18:52 EST 2016

I read that Ian Murdock passed at the age of 42.  Wow, very young by
today's standards.  I wonder what happened to the poor guy?

Besides Debian, wasn't he also the founder of Progency, which is the
commercial or enterprise version of Debian?  Not sure about the details,
but I think he had something to do with an OS called "Progeny".