[Chicago] [ChiPy] Meetup Cancelled: Django Study Group

Chris Foresman foresmac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:26:45 EST 2016

Brian,

The Systems Team here at Vokal has collectively agreed to serve as leadership for the ChiPy Web SIG. With the blessing of our leadership, we will host the Web SIG once a month in our offices. We are tentatively planning for Jan 28 as the first meeting.

The plan as it stands now is a two-hour meeting kicking off with a 30-minute talk/demo, followed by informal mentoring and collaboration/knowledge-sharing. Our team has committed to having at least two team members at every meeting to serve as mentors. Unless we here from other volunteers, we’ll also plan the first talk.

Right now Vokal cannot support furnishing food or drinks, so we’ll look to the main ChiPy org to aid in that iff possible. Otherwise we’ll use the NSCoders approach, where everyone pitches in X dollars and we order pizza and beer with whatever the budget allows.

Please let us know what you need from us to get this off the ground. I’m happy to serve as the team’s representative for communication purposes. We also invite anyone else interesting in collaborating on leadership to get in touch with me via email.

Thanks,
Chris Foresman
chris at chrisforesman.com