[Chicago] Sympy for Python 3 ???

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Sep 29 19:16:46 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Lewit, Douglas <d-lewit at neiu.edu> wrote:

> I think my answer was way too long!  Sorry!  Just trying to explain what's
> going on.  I just wish there was a way that I could get IDLE to access all
> the modules that Anaconda can access.  Not really sure how to do it without
> tearing apart my operating system.  (And I really don't want to do that! )
>  I must say

This is where the google it answer is helpful. A lot of times I'll have a
question like this and will google and see some related stack overflow
questions among other things. For this case I googled: using idle in
anaconda

That pulled up a mailing list discussion on the anaconda mailing list. It's
an interesting thread, and you can see the devs saying that IDLE should be
given better support. So that is nice for you to hear.

https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msg/anaconda/Dr8xFdKbA20/MWvhTO4KF8wJ

The stack overflow response is
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26047185/import-anaconda-packages-to-idle

Someone had the same problem you did. Try out the answer. It involves
changing PATH, which is a normal kind of thing to do in an OS, and you
won't need to worry about ripping apart your operating system. I don't know
if the answer works, but it something to try.

shekay at pobox.com