[Chicago] Imaginary Landscape seeking Full-time Django Software Engineer

Joe Jasinski jjasinski at imagescape.com
Thu Oct 15 18:24:21 CEST 2015

*Imaginary Landscape is seeking a full-time Software Engineer who will work
on a technical team that specializes in building, deploying, and
maintaining Django web applications.About Us:Imaginary Landscape is a web
development agency that specializes in Django and Python.  We've been
hard-core Python developers since 1998, and have been Djangonauts since
2006.  Over the years, we've built social networking sites, eCommerce
sites, banking sites, hospital network sites, sites for startups, and
more.  Our loft offices are in the Andersonville neighborhood on Chicago’s
north side, the work atmosphere is relaxed and we offer strong benefits.
  About the Position: You will frequently interact with Rackspace, AWS
Cloud servers, Digital Ocean, and Heroku servers, as well as physical
servers, in a variety of different server configurations and utilizing a
variety of Linux-based operating systems.  You'll be using many modern
web-dev tools, such as Nginx, PostgresSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcached,
Saltstack, Ansible, Fabric, Supervisord, Git, and more.  You'll have the
opportunity to interact with numerous 3rd party APIs.  You may have
opportunities to work with the latest front-end technologies, such as
Node.js, Gulp/Grunt, React.js, Angular.js, etc.  And more specifically, you
will become an expert in Django.  If you are excited by this, we'd be
excited to speak with you!Our ideal candidate is someone who: - Has
experience using Python web frameworks (Django preferred).- Is very
familiar with the Python ecosystem as a whole.- Has some familiarity with
SQL and databases.- Can create tables/indexes/queries.- Has some
understanding of database design as it pertains to web development.- Is
proficient in Git for coding and deployment.- Is very comfortable working
in a Linux environment (Ubuntu, RedHat, etc.)- Has some familiarity with
web technologies such as Nginx, Apache, uWSGI, Gunicorn, etc.- Is
comfortable learning new technologies and APIs and applying them to
production systems.- Is willing to wear multiple hats related to web
application development.- Can work full-time on-site at our Andersonville
office.We are also interested in someone who has some JavaScript framework
experience.  For example, familiarity with ReactJS, AngularJS, EmberJS,
Backbone, Node.js or similar is a strong plus. To Apply:Please email your
resume and cover letter to employment at imagescape.com
<employment at imagescape.com>.*

--
Joe J Jasinski