[Chicago] Anaconda vs. IDLE.

Lewit, Douglas d-lewit at neiu.edu
Thu Oct 15 16:39:23 CEST 2015

Hey David,

Your suggestions are good and logical, but unfortunately they don't work.
I tried opening IDLE from within Terminal, but that didn't help.  I also
tried the "putenv" from the os library.  It didn't produce any error
message, but when I checked my $PATH with os.getenv( ) it was the same as
before.  I'm not entirely sure this is a pure Python problem.  It could be
a Mac OS-X problem too.  As I mentioned earlier, this doesn't seem to be an
issue on my Ubuntu machine.  As for Windows, I have no idea.  I normally do
not use Windows unless I really have to.

Thanks,

Douglas.