[Chicago] October meeting is looking great

Mark Mandel mandel01 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 13:07:16 CEST 2015

Hi Douglas,

Thank you for the opportunity to provide some additional background/context
here. Yes, the focus is bioinformatics. My lab is a "wet bench" bacterial
genetics lab. In the past we have largely collaborated with other groups
for bioinformatic analysis, and we will continue to do so. At the same time
we are eager to develop a stronger base of tools within the group so that
we can address questions that are not being answered, and for additional
automation and quality control. This is the first step in that direction,
and I appreciate the support of the ChiPy community both from previous
meeting presentations and also from informal interactions that have been
valuable.

Cheers,
Mark