[Chicago] Is pypi.python.org really running with a self-signed cert?

Nick Bennett nick271828 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 22:19:09 CET 2015

Behold, mitmproxy is an "interactive SSL-capable man-in-the-middle proxy
for HTTP" built with Python:

http://mitmproxy.org/index.html
https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy

A video on "mitmproxy - use and abuse of a hackable SSL-capable
man-in-the-middle proxy" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ1-0G90lQg

if the SSL cert is self-signed or otherwise invalid and you're downloading
binaries, Danger Will Robinson.

Nick Bennett
github: tothebeat <https://github.com/tothebeat>
224-392-2326