[Chicago] Fun in learning ML

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Mon Feb 2 19:12:27 CET 2015

good.  pandas is installed and available.

Now try the line or lines that are giving you trouble.  Or if you need to
run your program to get an error, do that.

The idea is very simple text based cause and effect.

An IDE (PyCharm) will help you write code, but does not help us debug your
code.  It just makes things harder for us, so when asking for help with
your code it is best to remove the IDE component.

Unless you need help using the IDE, but that's a different problem than how
do I use pandas.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Randy Baxley <randy7771026 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> user at freegeekchicago:~$ python
> Python 2.7.3 (default, Dec 18 2014, 19:10:20)
> [GCC 4.6.3] on linux2
> >>>

> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> IDEs and screen shots make it harder to converse over email.
>>
>> Use the simple text based python repl so you can cut/paste text.
>> I don't have it installed, so this is what I get:
>>
>> carl at twist:~$ python
>> Python 2.7.6 (default, Mar 22 2014, 22:59:56)
>> [GCC 4.8.2] on linux2

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>> ImportError: No module named pandas
>> >>>

>> Do that and post the results.
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 1:18 AM, Randy Baxley <randy7771026 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It was worth a try so I did it.  I think Pandas is installed but on the
>>> path highlighted and in yellow at the top in fir.
>>> st attachment
>>> Second attachment shows where I think Python is looking for Pandas,

>> --
>> Carl K

Carl K