[Chicago] Python Project Night and Office Hours this week

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Dec 15 14:33:44 EST 2015

Having a concrete problem to work on will help focus this to something
practical.

regex in general is a very broad topic.  I spent over 1/2 a semester class
on it. ( compiler class.  you need to parse the source code, and that is
all regex.)

regex in python is also broad.
Often you just want to know: does this re exist in this string? yes/no
or, from this string, return the bit that matches this re.

Here is a nice UI for experimenting

http://regexr.com

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 11:20 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 7:53 PM, Lewit, Douglas <d-lewit at neiu.edu> wrote:
>
>> It would be great if someone could show me the basics of regular
>> expressions in Python.  Thanks for the help!
>

> During the introductions, mention the type of help you'd like, for
> example, you can mention that you need help using the re module.
>

> --
> shekay at pobox.com

Carl K