[Chicago] Best programming / dev book in 2015

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 01:19:23 EST 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:04 PM, Christopher Allan Webber <
cwebber at dustycloud.org> wrote:

> sheila miguez writes:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 10:01 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Clojure code.  It's not either / or.  Also, check out Hy.
> >>

> > Chris gave us a talk about Hy with singing!
>
> Yeah, Hy is great!  And I already agree it's worth checking out... in
> addition to giving a talk, I've got some patches in it... and I wrote
> most of the docs.... :)

I'm impressed!  My knowledge of Hy, and Clojure at this point, is not that
deep.

I'd like to get into a spiral where I go Python / Jython, Java, Clojure,
around and around in a spiral.

I don't want to "outgrow" OO (object oriented) as the price I pay for
diving more deeply into a LISP (Clojure / Hy / Scheme / Racket).

They should work together; positive synergies abound.  I agree SICP is an
all time classic, as is TAOCP.

Kirby