[Chicago] Best programming / dev book in 2015

Jason Wirth wirth.jason at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 07:47:06 EST 2015

No pun intended, but good call on The Python Cookbook. I skim that book
from time to time because there are so many little gems. If you like that
book check out Fluent Python. It's got great material on the more advanced
features of Python like the `__call__`, decorators, meta-programming,
generators, etc.

+1 on the Art of Unix Philosophy!

The book that really blew me away is "Exercises in Programming Style" --
I've never seen this format before. (
https://isr.uci.edu/content/exercises-programming-style). The author takes
a trivial program and writes it in multiple styles: using functions,
callbacks, object oriented, defensive, etc. While the book's source code is
in Python the concept transcends all languages. (
https://github.com/crista/exercises-in-programming-style)

--
    Jason Wirth
    wirth.jason at gmail.com