[Chicago] New to python : Suggestions

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 18:40:52 CEST 2015

> In the same way I enjoyed my path to this information which is presented
> in
>
> http://randy7771026.wix.com/codepath
>
> and using https://www.python.org/doc/ as your referance source.

These docs are great.

I was just re-reading Unicode history as 'splained in the docs and found
them really fluent.

https://docs.python.org/3/howto/unicode.html

Speaking of fluent, the new title Fluent Python by Luciano Ramalho was just
coming out this OSCON and I got a preview, and attended both of his talks.

Now I'm reading a complete first edition and finding it well done.

Fluent Python is great for someone with a working knowledge of Python but
maybe learned in a hurry (easy to get productive quickly) and now ready for
a next layer of proficiency.

Kirby

My thumbs up for the book (still only part way through) on the Portland
Python User Group list:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/portland/2015-August/001710.html