[Chicago] Python Project Night meta thread!

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Oct 14 18:17:28 CEST 2014

Hi all!

I collect resources for python project night and python office hours (very
similar events) for people who show up who would like some guidance for
what to try out.

I'd like more suggestions on what to highlight as resources, and
particularly would like suggestions for people who've already gone through
Learn Python the Hard Way or a similar tutorial. I'd also like some book
suggestions, since I get requests for books. I'd like to keep the lists of
everything slim (maybe five items per topic?) so that we don't crush people
under a wall of text.

Check out the wiki here. It's a bit of a wall of text already, so it will
be going through some rounds of refactoring.

https://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/Python_Office_Hours

I was also thinking of having the wiki content on a dedicated domain page.
For the time being, that is started here
http://chicagopythonworkshop.github.io/

shekay at pobox.com