[Chicago] Need Python -2.4.3 help

Harry aman nharry99 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 15:13:19 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm new  to  Python.  The  installed  Python version  is  2.4.3  in Linux
and  our admins are not willing to upgrade  it due to other comparability
issues.

The issue  is  related  to  reading  XML  file  and convert  it to a  txt
file for further process.

Here's the code  example.
#read  XML  file  and convert  into  text  file for further process
from xml.dom.minidom import parse, parseString
dom=parse('/mnt/usr/Test.xml')
outf = open ('/mnt/usr/Test.txt','w')
attr_list = [
'col1',
'col2',
'col3',
'col4'
]
for row in dom.childNodes[0].getElementsByTagName('z:row'):
    for attr in attr_list:
        if attr in row.attributes.keys():
            outf.write(row.attributes[attr].value.encode("utf-8")+"\t")
        else: outf.write("\t")
    outf.write("\n")
outf.close()

I didn't  see any good example  to do this.   Please  let me know your
suggestions.

Thanks  in Advance.

Regards