[Chicago] Status of recruiters on this list

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Mar 3 21:47:28 CET 2014

I'm going to make a quick suggestion here. I think it's unfortunate
that someone got stiffed, but let's table this discussion. If the new
Python Job Board on www.python.org plays out as I think it will, I
think we should start rejecting job postings of any kind, as people
will be able to easily search the job database by location. There will
be no real advantage for hiring companies or agencies to place their
postings on this list.

That said, I can't offer you a f'rinstance at the moment, as the new
jobs board isn't yet functional. Still, I don't think it will be more
than a week or two before it's whipped into decent enough shape.
People interested in helping out (especially if you are Djangonauts)
can send a note to jobs at python.org expressing your desire to help. You
can also fork the project on Github
(https://github.com/python/pythondotorg) and submit pull requests.

Skip