[Chicago] Can I see a +1 on this?

JP Bader jp at zavteq.com
Fri Jan 31 03:27:17 CET 2014

What are the problems with Brian C's proposal? It is relatively quick and
efficient, just propose ideas to the site, those that get voted on
(generally at least 1 +1 would get a talk) and that's relatively
straightforward. I mean, I guess there might be some people who might rig
up a bot to auto-boost their ratings (like some have been known to do for
karma), but our group is above that, right?

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 7:34 PM, Yarko Tymciurak <yarkot1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gee, Brian C. --- I thought a pre-meeting meeting at a pub, and everyone
> lifts their glass to the talk they want to hear would be more face-time
> social than email;  click-a-site seem in the other direction (efficient,
> disconnected at the human level, maybe not the data level) ;-)
>

> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There is a website for feature requests on the website:
>> https://github.com/chicagopython/chipy.org/issues
>>
>> There are some problems with your proposal, Brian C; however, we can
>> discuss that there :)

>>> It doesn't even need to be that - there's already a website. I doubt
>>> anyone is going to game the system to win votes for a ChiPy talk - could be
>>> as simple as just having a +1 button next to a proposal.
>>>

>> --
>> Brian Ray
>> @brianray
>> (773) 669-7717