[Chicago] ChiPy Organizers Meeting

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Wed Feb 19 21:47:09 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all:
>
> I am holding an online meeting for those who expressing interest in help
> organize ChiPy Every Sunday at 11am. It will be done Google Hangout.
>
> If you wish on attending, send me your email. Anyone is welcome provided
> that:
>
> You're an active Python developer with at least one public available example
> of work

This excludes a lot of people for no good reason. Plenty of good
people write closed source code at work and don't contribute code
outside of work, but they're valid community members. Plenty of good
students or beginners haven't gotten to the point where they're
writing public code.

> You have attended at least 9 ChiPy meetings in the last 12 months.

This excludes a lot of people who would like to make a change
*because* there haven't been 9 meetings they wanted to attend.

> You live in the greater Chicago land area and plan on staying here for the
> next 12 months
>
> You plan on attending the meeting every week, missing no more than 2 a
> month.
>

> We will verify these above details at the beginning of every meeting.

Why?

ps. Hangouts only work for groups of 10 people or less.