[Chicago] Chipy Thursday Elections

Peter Fein pete at wearpants.org
Tue Feb 11 21:25:52 CET 2014

Brian-

I'm not just trolling, and I resent the accusation that my concerns
about a community in which I've participated in online & off for a
decade are somehow unjustified. If you're disturbed by the questions
being asked, perhaps greater transparency would have been the way to
avoid them. Here's the questions I'm still waiting for an answer on;
after patient consideration, I'm sure you'll find there's nothing
unusual or objectionable about them.

1. who's on the board of directors?
2. what do the bylaws say?
3. who is the legal owner of the bank account?

In your original post about the nonprofit[0], you offered to share the
bank statements on request; I'd like to take you up on that.

As for discussion with PSF, it strikes me as odd that it's taken over
a year of "active talks" to sort this out, especially when the PSF is
already providing similar service to other user groups. And given that
the filing fee is $25, I can think of no good reason to allow the non
profit registration to lapse.

--Pete

[0] https://mail.python.org/pipermail/chicago/2011-September/008464.html

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter:
>
> You are wrong.
> http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/nfp11245.pdf
> The reason I let it lapse is because we (not just me) are in active talks
> with the Python Software Foundation to have them open a bank account for us.
> It has not happened yet but it should have and will. Would love to delegate
> this for someone as well. Are you offering to help Peter, or just spewing
> random trolling complaints?
>
> If you want to talk more about this with me, I'll only do so off the mailing
> list since you brought up legal issues.
>
> Final word: what is extremely disturbing here is when people who don't come
> to meetings or participate regularly drop in to offer criticism but don't
> offer to help. This is tiring folks. Stop complaining please.
>
> Brian

Peter Fein | wearpants.org | @wearpants

I read email at the start and end of each day. IM if urgent.