[Chicago] Community/Social Alliance Help

JP Bader jp at zavteq.com
Thu Feb 6 00:51:43 CET 2014

+1 for cheeky, and I like the other bumper sticker: "DOWN WITH GRAVITY!"

And while Jordan may (or may not) chime back in with another witty
response, this is a nice lively discussion :)

As for the topic of this discussion, my $.02 is this: I run other user
groups as well, have no problem cross-polinating the groups I really like
(such as ChiPy or Big Data or Data Viz or Chicago Freelancers or
put-your-fav-meetup-here), and often times find myself advertising my group
to others as well as advertising other groups to my group.

As a developer, I want to learn, meet people, network, find work, work on
the next big/small thing, and have fun.

If there needs to be a discussion on how we can spread the word of our
group's awesomeness, then let's discuss. If there's to be people arguing
about Python core pandas particulars, let's discuss.

However it's important that people know we rock, there's conversations
being had, we not be condescending, and that you (yes, you) can participate.

</rant>
</sarcasm>
</email>

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 5:43 PM, Nick Bennett <nick at goggl.es> wrote:

> I just wanted to add on that I think a lively discussion of many opposing
> viewpoints is beneficial, I'm not against expressing negativity.
> "negativity" is relative, too. I just like being cheeky.
>
> Nick Bennett
> 224-392-2326
>

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Nick Bennett <nick at goggl.es> wrote:
>
>> Like the bumper sticker on my car: "DOWN WITH NEGATIVITY!"
>>
>> Nick Bennett
>> 224-392-2326
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Samuel Lahti <sam.lahti at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I think Jordan was trying to be cheeky if I read that correctly

JP Bader
Principal
Zavteq, Inc.
@lordB8r | jp at zavteq.com