[Chicago] Good readings on the history of computing

Jason Wirth wirth.jason at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 21:27:45 CEST 2013

Awe man... there is so much stuff here! It's awesome. I've been battling a
HFSPLUS hard drive issue on my Linux box so I've been slow to respond.

I checked out Dr.Chuck, his MOOC will start soon, Oct. 7th, and i'll
definately watch it.
https://www.coursera.org/course/insidetheinternet

I was searching a bit and found this post by Dr. Chuck which mentions EdX
as open source...which some might recall from Yarko's recent Chipy talk.
http://www.dr-chuck.com/csev-blog/2013/06/coursera-never-ceases-to-amaze-me-community-teaching-assistants-and-a-few-other-things/

On a side note, I recently watched this video by Bjarne Stroustrup about
creating C++.
http://bigthink.com/users/bjarnestroustrup