[Chicago] Good readings on the history of computing

Leon Chism leon at chism.org
Thu Sep 26 21:01:37 CEST 2013

Soul of New Machine is a great read, as are Nerds 2.0.1 by Stephen
Segaller, Eniac by Scott McCartney (if standing mercury waves for memory
storage seems like a good idea) and lastly I'd recommend What the Doormouse
Said by John Markoff for a look at the role of the counter culture on
Silicon Valley's evolution.

- leon