[Chicago] Good readings on the history of computing

Matt Bone thatmattbone at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 01:00:42 CEST 2013

It's not an article, but here's a really old book I love:
http://www.amazon.com/Interactive-Programming-Environments-David-Barstow/dp/0070038856

I think it's interesting to see how little stuff has changed with
regards to how we actually write programs. This book includes articles
from notables like Stallman and Kernighan.

I like this thread because earlier today someone sent me an article
with this quote:

"The lack of interest, the disdain for history is what makes computing
not-quite-a-field." – Alan Kay

--matt