[Chicago] Making Website for a Python Class

DiPierro, Massimo MDiPierro at cs.depaul.edu
Tue Sep 24 04:38:27 CEST 2013

One more option.

If you install (*) web2py, use the web interface to clone the "welcome" scaffolding app, and change this code (in controllers/default.py):

    def index():

          return dict(....)

into this:

    def index():

          return auth.wiki()

You get a Wiki with login/registration/access control/file manager/etc.

In the wiki page you can use the markmin syntax.

You can put the code between ``...`` and it will be rendered as code. It actually supports Syntax highlighting too but you need to enable it. You can also embed controls in the wiki pages (for example forms, tables, video player, etc).

Feel free to ask to web2py mailing list if this is something that may interest you.

You can read more here: http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/03/overview#The-built-in-web2py-wiki

(*) Actually you do not need to install web2py. You can get a free account on PythonAnywhere.com<http://PythonAnywhere.com/> and they have web2py as an option pre-installed in your account.

Massimo