[Chicago] Migrating a web site from php to python (web2py) at the 1000ft level

Ralph Loizzo ralph at leasttry.com
Thu Mar 14 15:25:51 CET 2013

Hopefully the python / website developer gurus can help me out with this one.

So I want to migrate a web site from php to python / web2py, but I'm kinda having a paradigm shift problem.

I'm trying to figure out how to separate my different pages into an MVC structure here.

Since each page may have some different dynamic content on it, is each one an app?  Or are all the different pages under one app but different functions?

I guess what I'm asking is when migrating a site, what questions do I need to ask to determine a new structure?