[Chicago] Pycon in Chicago?

Robert Zeh robert.a.zeh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 17:40:37 CET 2013

I believe this blog entry covers the financial side fairly well:
http://jessenoller.com/blog/2011/05/25/pycon-everybody-pays

The relevant bits:
That 230k number? Right around the amount PyCon 2009 lost, representing a
massive financial loss for the Python Software Foundation.
We made various commitments in 2008 just as the markets were peaking, and
we lost a lot of money when everything went south. Since then, it has been
our budget policy to make sure that our revenues will cover our hard costs
even if there is a 15% dip in attendance and a 35% dip in sponsorship.

Robert

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Adam "Cezar" Jenkins <emperorcezar at gmail.com