[Chicago] Pycon in Chicago?

Jason Wirth wirth.jason at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 13:51:29 CET 2013

>> If there is a bid from Chicago, it will have to be a good one. I
remember that 08 was a huge loss for the PSF.

I was just getting into Python around 2008 and didn't know much about the
language, it's culture, nor it's conferences. What happened to make the
event a loss?

I'd think Chicago would be an excellent choice--plenty of hotels and large
convention spaces (although are there union issues?), easy public transit
as well as multiple airports, access from both coasts, etc....

The only downside, as far as I can tell, is that Chicago doesn't have a
"geek" culture like Silicon Valley.

--
Jason Wirth
    213.675.5294