[Chicago] Marmir Initial Feedback

Randy Baxley randy7771026 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 15:19:16 CET 2013

I have a github account.  Two days old and a Git loaded.  Then there is a
Gui for Windows and a Git Bash.  The Git Bash looks familiar from DOS days
but I suppose is really some Apple thing.  Question is, now that I have a
bit of an understanding of Python do I have to learn Git and therefore Bash
and Linux to actually become effective in the open source online
environments.  Second question is if I want to build a web site and retain
the code and the feel of the website as my own so that I can seek investors
and advertisers how does that work in the world of open source.  But more
to the here and now.  How do I use these tools to get Mirmar and write a
Python program to send it lists that would display names, weights, foods
eaten and nutrition for those foods and then be able to chose how to graph
subsets of those variables against time.