[Chicago] Closest Index

Oren Livne livne at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 15 03:37:58 CET 2013

Just to follow up on this again in case it got lost in other threads. I
have the OK from my bosses to discuss all of our software work and would
be delighted to participate in a sprint (what is a sprint, actually?) or
a workshop. Thank you so much and let me know what the next steps should be.

Oren

On 1/7/2013 10:55 AM, sheila miguez wrote:

> Would you be interested in a sprint or workshop?
>
> There is another thread I started asking whether people would be
> interested in a pandas/pydata/etc sprint. I know a couple of the
> people who ran one in NYC recently.
>
> We could apply for a sprint or PSF O&E grant to cover lunch and
> perhaps travel for someone to lead a sprint (the NYC group had a
> pandas contributor there).
>
> Perhaps you aren't interested in contributing to a library but instead
> would like guidance on using them in general. Maybe in that case chipy
> folk could adapt material targeted towards scientific programmers for
> a workshop. The software-carpentry.org <http://software-carpentry.org>
> group provides their material under a permissive license. From an
> naive perspective, perhaps it doesn't make sense to have a general
> workshop vs. tailored. e.g. for computational biologists?
>
> anyway, I think it would be fun in general for chipy to have some
> hands-on events in addition to the talking format.
>
> On Jan 6, 2013 7:54 AM, "Oren Livne" <livne at uchicago.edu
> <mailto:livne at uchicago.edu>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > I would love to! Unfortunately I can never attend on Thursday nights
> due to another obligation. If I ever get the chance I'll let you know.
> In fact I think the discussion should be expanded more generally to
> python problems arising in genetic applications.

A person is just about as big as the things that make him angry.