[Chicago] Learning to use python for the web

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Feb 25 17:01:09 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Ralph Loizzo <ralph at leasttry.com> wrote:
[...]
>> What approach should I take to learning how I can use the features of python for the web?
>>

> https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/quickstart
>
> This seems to be a great way to go from where you are to where you
> want to be next.
>
> I will have to admit I have not done it myself, but I have been in the
> room with others did, and even more others sing its praises.

I agree the heroku tutorial is a really nice way to become familiar
with creating a web app as well as the concept of automated
deployment.

I would also highly recommend The Hitchhicker's Guide to Python, and
in particular, you will want to take a look at the section on web
development.

http://docs.python-guide.org/en/latest/scenarios/web/

--
sheila