[Chicago] Responding to job threads

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Sat Feb 9 23:04:50 CET 2013

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Adam "Cezar" Jenkins
<emperorcezar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think anyone was giving Paul May any issues. Everyone is poking at
> at Japhy for replying to the list when it looks like he just meant to post
> to Paul. No one called him an idiot (we've all done it) and no one was
> disrespectful.
>
> I think you're being reactionary. This list isn't all business all the time,
> nor should it be.

My response was meant to be to you and your response, but went to
Japhy instead - my fault.

No one gave Paul issues per se, but now the thread isn't about Paul's
job, it's about whatever little wisecracks people want to make. Find
something else to take off topic.

When the thread is a recruiter bringing a job opening to the members
of this group (and doing it without asking for rockstars or ninjas, to
boot), it should be business. By definition, that thread was started
out of a business need for both the client and Paul...