[Chicago] GitHub & SpamBayes

Adam "Cezar" Jenkins emperorcezar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:59:00 CET 2013

Just as Dan said. Git is great, Github goes even beyond that. I've
submitted few line fixes to projects without ever leaving my browser.

Here is an example of a pull request
https://github.com/saltstack/salt/pull/3582

That is much easier than joining a mailing list, making a patch, then
sending it off into the air. This will notify me, @ people, annotate lines
of code, etc, etc.

You seem very resigned to not use Github or anything else. No offense, but
the undertone I get from you is you'll find any reason you can not to
change what you're doing now. I hope you aren't just reaching for reasons
not to.

If that is the case, then that's fine, but I suggest that you put some
research into it. In your case, since you're just maintaining and not
developing so much, Github is the bigger benefit than Git.
https://github.com/features/projects