[Chicago] Anyone using Python 3?

Nick Bennett nick at goggl.es
Tue Dec 31 03:32:38 CET 2013

I'm speaking unofficially here - I work in sort of legacy systems, running
CentOS with various versions of Python, all less than 2.7. Some of our
servers have Python 2.5, others have 2.6. There's some adherence to what's
in the official repositories for the respective version of CentOS on that
server, which is out of my control and I don't understand anyway.

I would LOVE to work on a project using 3, as I've been doing "from
__future__ import unicode_literals" automatically for some time now. But
alas, even 2.7 at work is still a pipe dream...

I don't know what I'm waiting for on my personal projects, though. I guess
I was waiting to feel the tectonic plates shift.