[Chicago] Dec meeting talks and venue

Adam Forsyth adam at adamforsyth.net
Tue Dec 3 16:52:38 CET 2013

I'd be glad to give a (short) talk about how Braintree evolved as a
business (on the tech entrepreneurship side) or a (short) talk about what
we call the "Chicago Process" -- how Braintree develops software.

Neither is specifically Python related so please -1 if you're not
interested / you feel they're too off topic.

For context, Jason's email in the October meeting thread:

Googling for BrainTree's offices for last meeting I came across this
article about how BrainTree came to be as a
business<http://37signals.com/svn/posts/2800-bootstrapped-profitable-proud-braintree>.
It got me thinking about how to (profitably?) run a software development
business--you know, the thing that generates money to pay developer
salaries, stock the fridge with beer, rent office space, sponsor PyCon,
Chipy, and other community activities.

Would anyone be interested in giving a talk on this?

Given EBay's recent acquisition of Braintree someone talking about this is
even more relevant and would make it the BEST MEETING EVER!