[Chicago] pydev

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Apr 25 19:14:16 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Jordan Bettis <jordanb at hafd.org> wrote:
>
>> On 04/24/2013 09:48 PM, Kenneth Stox wrote:
>>
>>   Punch cards still have one attribute that is desirable in some
>>>  applications, even today. In a controlled environment, they can be
>>>  stored virtually indefinitely. Optical media is only good for 5 years or
>>>  so, and magnetic media up to 20 years.
>>>

>> This is why I scratch all my important data into stone tablets
>>

> this would be a nice art project. it would probably be nicer to use a cnc
> device to do the scratching for you. or maybe a laser to etch it on to
> metal. if it's cool looking you have a art project to hang on the wall.

oh, and companion panels would be programs that do visual analysis to be
able to read and interpret patterns.

the camera file formats probably change, but people probably will have
technology to take new pictures. Taking a a picture of the art and running
it through a program would be cool.

--
sheila