[Chicago] Introduce Yourself

Daniel Uber djuber at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:24:48 CEST 2012

I'm Dan,

I'm a math student pursuing an MS at Roosevelt right now. I might attend four to five meetings per year, and have been dropping by semi regularly for about two years now. I had python thrust upon me as an undergrad at UIC, it was a pleasant experience. Lately I've moved away from using it, but it's a handy skill to have. I really enjoy some of the presentations where folks showcase their experimental toy projects, or dig into deep details (I especially enjoyed the OpenCV and rpython presentations.)

Since I'm really not interested in web development, I don't find myself using python as much as I might. The time will come when data munging will be needed, and the super useful csv dictreader class will come to my rescue. I plan to be prepared for it. I definitely prefer matplotlib to using R for graph generation, mainly because python feels less insanely cobbled together.

Dan Uber