[Chicago] Two last procratinating questions

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Wed Nov 14 16:33:00 CET 2012

The reality is that you'd probably find it difficult to get a shop to
say that it isn't following agile processes.

So, when I have this kind of question, it's usually in the context of
trying to figure out what a place is *really* like. For example, I
worked at some place that had a morning "stand-up" that was really a
never ending status meeting.

You can't just come out and ask a recruiter whether people at their
company are coding cowboys who break the build all the time like
maniacs or are "heros" who think they are awesome for fixing something
at 2 am in a coffee haze in only! 151!1 minutes rather than doing
things in sensible way to begin with, the jersk.

So, I dunno, I might ask why they are hiring (high turnover? bad
sign). What kinds of ci tools they use (clueless answers would be a
bad sign).

--
sheila