[Chicago] From a fan...

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 00:26:52 CET 2012

Reposting anonymously with permission:

I have a few questions regarding python employment and noticed you had a few posts on the subject.
I'm very new to the group, and relatively new to python (roughly a year or so). I have never worked as a developer in any capacity before. I would like to transition at some point to a development position of some sort. I don't have any clue where to start though. I'm under the impression that due to lack of experience, I would need to intern or something similar first. Can you offer any advice on how to proceed? Or perhaps what I should be focusing on to build my resume?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.