[Chicago] Got it Re: opening a file for read in 3.2

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Nov 1 18:11:23 CET 2012

I'm glad you figured it out. I didn't want to reply to the original
question because I didn't have a windows computer to test out my answers on
thus could not be sure I'd give you a correct answer.

Anyway, another thing to think about, for the future, is that path
delimiters are different on different operating systems. I don't know if
the class covered that or not, but check it out at some point in case you
want to write scripts that can work on different OSs. So instead of using
literal strings where you hard code the path separator, '/', do it
programmatically.

http://docs.python.org/2/library/os.path.html

--
sheila