[Chicago] Job Opening: Test Engineer - Evanston, IL (Leapfrog Online)

Kevin Boers KBoers at leapfrogonline.com
Tue May 15 22:15:05 CEST 2012

Hi, Chipy!

Leapfrog Online is looking for a junior software engineer who uses Python to join our Test Engineering team. We develop complex web apps using popular frameworks like Django and Rails, and we need people to write and maintain the functional, integration, and unit test suites those apps require. Are you a good communicator who can do some translating from Marketing Speak into Technology Speak? Are you highly organized and able to juggle a lot of priorities and responsibilities? Are you a critical thinker who's able to learn new skills and apply them in clever ways to the job at hand? If so, we're looking for you!

Leapfrog Online is the leading independent digital direct marketing firm in the country, developing programs for Fortune 500 marketers to find and convert the right customers. We’re not your average marketing company, though.  We stake our business directly on the success of our products, our Clients’ business results, and ultimately, their satisfaction.  We're a small company, and to feel at-home here, you need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and a resourceful independent-thinker who works well independently and in a collaborative team environment. Leapfrog is committed to agile project management and open-source software.

Test Engineers at Leapfrog work closely with the business side to understand how a Web site is supposed to behave, and equally closely with the technology side to make sure it really does behave that way. We automate our tests using a variety of open-source testing tools and frameworks including twill (mechanize), Selenium (including Selenium Grid), and others. We all write a lot in Python and spend a bunch of time in a Unix terminal. Sometimes we write applications, do Web site design (HTML/CSS/JavaScript), handle small system administration tasks, or write monitoring scripts. We write test plans, and find and investigate software bugs. Sometimes we fix them ourselves; mostly, though, we figure out what’s wrong, what’s right, write it up, and work with the other Engineers to get it fixed.

Sound interesting to you? If so, then you should know our requirements are a bachelor’s degree, an intense attention to detail, a love of learning, a passion for problem-solving, and a good attitude and sense of responsibility. You should also have experience with Python (or be willing to transition from another dynamic language like Ruby or PHP); be comfortable working on a *nix command line; and have general knowledge about HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Examples of ideal candidates include: born hackers who have a knack for getting to the bottom of things; system administrators who find themselves programming more and more; someone who has found ways to automate administration or other tasks using a scripting language; or testers that have used open-source testing tools like twill, nose, or Selenium. Mobile device testing experience is a plus.

Interested? If so, we offer a competitive salary plus an incentive and benefits package, and a close-knit team who likes what they do and has fun doing it. To apply, send your resume and salary history to me at kboers (at) leapfrogonline.com<http://leapfrogonline.com>

Thanks!
Kevin

Kevin P. Boers
Senior Manager, Quality Assurance
847-440-8381

Leapfrog Online
807 Greenwood
Evanston, IL  60201
Main 847-492-1968
Fax  847-492-1990
kboers at leapfrogonline.com<x-msg://107/kboers@leapfrogonline.com>
www.leapfrogonline.com<http://www.leapfrogonline.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
The document(s) accompanying this e-mail transmission, if any, and the e-mail transmittal message containing information from Leapfrog Online Customer Acquisition, LLC is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named on this e-mail transmission message. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately delete this e-mail and notify us by telephone of the error.