[Chicago] Directions once you're in the building

John Stoner johnstoner2 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 20:10:11 CEST 2012

I'd be interested in learning more about Django. I've messed with it some,
but I feel like it has a different feature set than other web frameworks
I've used. I'd actually like a high-level overview of it to get a better
handle on the overall feature set.

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Valentina Kibuyaga
> <namusoke at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Therefore, are these additional learning resources for Python?
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> What kind of resources are you interested in? Do you like learning
> with other people, or do you want some self directed study with online
> materials?
>
> There's a python study group that meets at Pumping Station One (PS1).
> I forwarded an announcement about it to the chipy mailing list just
> now. It's located on the north side of Chicago.
>
> Sometimes people have done one day teaching sessions before. Carl once
> had an idea of doing short chipy pre-meetings for people new to
> python. I don't know if he is still interested in that.
>
> Some people were talking about improving the django tutorial and
> perhaps filming it in action. So if people are interested in going
> through a tutorial on django, raise hands.
>

> --
> sheila

blogs:
http://johnstoner.wordpress.com/
'In knowledge is power; in  wisdom, humility.'