[Chicago] [ANN] best ever "Ultimate Language Shootout III" : Thursday May 10th

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Mon May 7 15:26:55 CEST 2012

"One of the design rules for Python has always been to beg, borrow or
steal whatever features I liked from existing languages..."    Guido van Rossum

Chicago Python User Group
=========================

Special Event: "Ultimate Language Shootout III"

The last two times we held this event it was a blast. Even if your
just coming to watch/vote there really is no other event like this
anywhere in Chicago or anywhere else. Where else can you talk about
any language you want to an attentive crowd? See how Python compares.

This month will be held at the exciting new venue DRW Trading. They
have plenty of room and have offered to cater the event. What fine
hosts they will be!

This will be the best competition ever hosted by ChiPy.

   ** Feel Free to Redistribute this information to any language
oriented group in Chicago land area **

RSVP at http://chipy.org/
Please bring your ID

Quick Links:
YES http://chipy.org/meetings/rsvp/46/yes
MAYBE http://chipy.org/meetings/rsvp/46/maybe

When
----

Thursday May 10, 2012 at 7PM  till a winner is announced

Where
-----

DRW Trading
540 W. Madison 3rd FL

Directions once you're in the building:
Walk into the lobby, take the elevators up to the 2nd floor.  Once
past security, walk past the elevators and take escalators up to the
3rd Floor.

The Competition
---------------
Each participant gets only 5-10 minutes (depending on entries). The
person who makes the best case wins! They can do whatever they want--
just as long as each presentation is about some programming language
other than Python and make at least one comparison to Python during
the talk.

Sign up:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFdET2FPcjdfa3FCLXlWZ2ZRUFJoN3c6MA
See who is in the running:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tWDOaOr7_kqB-yVgfQPRh7w&single=true&gid=0&output=html

There will be a cash prize for the best presentation (not the best
language, we already know that winner) given of $200. Plus you will be
considered really cool for awhile and your friends will be highly
impressed.

About ChiPy
-----------

ChiPy is a group of Chicago Python Programmers.  Participants range
from absolute beginners to seasoned veterans.  In short, *everyone* is
welcome (including you)!  Every second thursday of the month ChiPy
members gather to give talks on a wide variety of topics related to
Python and related technology.  Our community benefits from a variety
of participants, so we would love it if you would make yourself a
participant!

ChiPy website: http://chipy.org
ChiPy Announcement *ONLY* Mailing List:
Python website: http://python.org