[Chicago] Sponsoring PyCon 2013

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Wed Jul 11 19:58:11 CEST 2012

As you may have seen, PyCon 2013 kicked off on Monday at
https://us.pycon.org/2013/ and will again be happening in Santa Clara,
CA, March 13-21. We always get a good representation of Chicago folks
at the conference, from last year in CA to the previous two years in
Atlanta, and I'm hoping we can up the Chicago representation even more
by engaging some sponsors from the area.

Sponsors are what keep this great conference running, and we're
expecting another huge year to follow up the great success that was
PyCon 2012. The sponsorship packages available have some really great
options for organizations that want to help, and we've recently added
a bunch more features, including tables at the Job Fair. What better
place to find great Python talent than at a 2500 person conference in
Silicon Valley?

We've put together a great sponsorship prospectus at
https://us.pycon.org/2013/sponsors/prospectus/ and would appreciate
you taking a look. Send it to anyone else in your company who may want
to take a look!

Gold and Silver sponsorship packages are 50% off for organizations
with under 25 employees. Hear that, startups and consultancies? We
know there are a bunch of you around here, and considering a Silver
level sponsorship would become $2000, that covers two tickets and gets
you advertising, exhibiting, and job fair entrance at a great
discount.

All sponsor packages include tickets, so if you're in charge and
thinking of sending a few delegates, our Gold sponsorship includes 5
passes (a $3000 value) on top of all of the typical advertising,
exhibiting, and job fair stuff.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the sponsorship team is willing
to work with each and every organization to craft a package they like.
If you don't plan to use booth space in the exhibit hall, you can
trade that for an extra ticket or a larger advertisement spot.

Sponsoring PyCon is a great thing for everyone involved. It helps keep
PyCon running and allows it to remain as one of the cheapest
conferences around. It's also a great marketing, recruiting, and
networking tool for your organization.

If you or your organization are interested in sponsoring PyCon 2013,
contact Jesse Noller at pycon-sponsors at python.org or let me know and I
can pass you on. If you have any leads for organizations who may want
to sponsor, please let Jesse or I know!

Thanks for your time. I won't be able to make tomorrow's ChiPy meeting
but I should be able to make meetings again soon. Summer gets a bit
busy for me so I end up missing out. I umpire college baseball in the
spring and summer, so I'm driving all over the place to work games and
a bunch of them end up conflicting with ChiPy dates.

Brian Curtin
PyCon Publicity Coordinator