[Chicago] August's meeting with ALT.NET

Sergio Pereira sergioafp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 18:52:11 CEST 2012

Hi,
I'm the co-organizer of the Chicago ALT.NET group (http://chicagoalt.net/).
ChiPy's August's meeting will be combined with ALT.NET's and I wanted to
hear from ChiPy what would be a good plan for this meeting.
What ideas you have? Things that worked well in previous opportunities?
Anything in particular from ALT.NET that you'd be curious to hear about?

To help clarify a little bit what the ALT.NET group is, in general terms,
we are not the "official" .NET group that has deeper ties with Microsoft.
We tend to focus on .NET code that is OpenSource or at least produced
outside of Microsoft. We also often talk about non-.net languages and
non-Windows tools.

We are looking forward to this meeting and wanted to make it interesting
for everyone.

Thanks