[Chicago] Question

david nides david.nides at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 20:26:13 CET 2012

Using Python 2.7 but didn't really know what the difference was. I was
planning on reading up on that this weekend before I go to far.

This is the code I used to import my CSV into the db .. worked fine!

with open('C:\Python27\data2.csv','rb') as infile:
    # csv.DictReader uses first line in file for column headings by default
    dr = csv.DictReader(infile, delimiter=',')
    to_db = [(i['date'], i['time'], i['timezone'], i['MACB'], i['source'],
i['sourcetype'], i['type'], i['user'], i['host'], i['short'], i['desc'],
i['version'], i['filename'], i['inode'], i['notes'], i['format'],
i['extra']) for i in dr]