[Chicago] A sad day for our community. John Hunter: 1968-2012.

Greg Kettler gkettler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 22:36:28 CEST 2012

I used a bunch of matplotlib in my PhD research (marine microbiology)
and I could talk about that. But the plots themselves are fairly
pedestrian. No dolphins in spite of the marine setting.

I've also been playing with using matplotlib to plot baseball PITCHf/x
data. Actually I started doing that to goof off when I should have
been writing my thesis. That's still half baked (maybe 1/3 baked...)
but more visually stimulating.

I could talk about either or both.

Greg